Through his company, Mountain Goat Software, Mike Cohn offers agile and Scrum training courses. Mike teaches a complete set of training courses, which have been designed to help an organization initiate the transition to agile or Scrum and to ultimately succeed with it over the long term. Courses Mike teaches include
- Certified ScrumMaster. These courses are a popular and useful way for introducing Scrum to an entire team. The two-day course focuses on everything a team and its ScrumMaster need to know to successfully use Scrum.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner. This two-day course is targeted at helping product owners learn the intricacies of working as a product owner or key stakeholder on a Scrum (or any agile) project.
- Agile Estimating and Planning. This popular one-day course is based on Mike’s book of the same name. It is appropriate for all team members and covers everything necessary to become good at estimating and at creating reliable project plans, even in fixed-date and fixed-scope environments.
- Effective User Stories. This agile requirements technique is at the heart of effectively using a product backlog. Based on Mike Cohn’s popular book, User Stories Applied, this course covers everything from the basics to user role modeling to writing nonfunctional requirements as user stories.
- Iterating Toward Agility. A new course based on the techniques described in Succeeding with Agile and which Mike has used to successfully introduce agile and Scrum into companies worldwide. The course covers Mike’s community-based approach to introducing agile, how to progress quickly through the five phases of change, a new and successful approach to overcoming resistance to agile, and more.
- Succeeding with Scrum. A new course that describes what an organization must do to become good at agile and Scrum. The course covers topics important to long-term success that are often ignored as an organization moves from initial success to sustained agility.
Courses can be delivered at your facility or you can choose to attend a public course. For a complete schedule of upcoming agile and Scrum classes, see Mike Cohn’s Mountain Goat Software website.
For more information or to schedule a course, email Mike Cohn.